Sunday, August 26, 2012

Claire's 1st Birthday! (6 months late....oops!)


Birthdays are a big deal to me. I love celebration and what better to celebrate than life? Especially my daugthers life? This year I was thinking about doing a big party but then because of the craziness of my life at the time of her birthday I just decided to have a party with the family. It was awesome.

We started the morning off with the traditional streamers on the door. Yes, they were green but it was only because St. Patricks day was around the corner and I couldn't find any other color at 11 p.m. the night before.

I am not sure who loved the streamers more, Claire or her daddy.
Yes, she is in a tutu.
Yes, she slept in it (she is a princess...)
Yes, she sleeps in our room. It works out best for all of us. Ryan and I aren't ready to let her sleep by herself. That just seems so lonely.
 
 
This was my big present to Claire. I made her a birthday dress. I was pretty impressed with how it turned out. It was super easy to do and she rocked it!
 
 
My parents got her a basketball and a basketball hoop! As you can tell by the picture above, she LOVES it! She is a balla' and Ryan and I couldn't be more proud.
 
 
Slam dunk!! Ha, the picture may be staged but it was pretty cute.
 
 
For her birthday lunch we went to a park with my family and had some pizza and played around. I didn't get any good pictures, but we had a blast.
 

Then for the finale! We went home, stripped her down and got her ready for her birthday cake. I made it. It is kind of lame. It was a bear because we always call her Claire Bear or simply "the bear"/
 
Now, before we go on, let me explain. Ever since before Ryan and I dated he would talk about how he couldn't wait to have kids so he could continue on the Loveland tradition of putting a cake just for the kid in front of the baby and let them go at it. It is messy and crazy, but pretty much the best tradition ever!
Claire wasn't sure what to do with it at first. She thinks to herself, "Am I really supposed to eat something wtih eyes?"
 
 
"Ohh...but it taste sooo good!"
 
"mmmmmm...."
 
 
"That's what I'm talking about!!!"
 
 
"Mom, your the best! You need some too because I love you sooo much." (Claire, when you read this when you are older, you need to know, you really did say that and you should still fell the same way.)
 
 
I found a way to incorporate Oreo's into the cake, Claire appreciated my ingenuitity.
 
 
"But, really? I can really do this?"
 
 
"Ohhh, yeah....Life has never been better!"
 
 
She was really insistent on sharing with us. It was really sweet of her.
 
 
Then she was so excited she had to give out some ooey gooey chocolatey love. Thanks girl!
 
 
Happy family!!
 
 


What this picture doesnt show is how much got in my hair!!
 
 
Then we ended with a quick bath in the sink and a new birthday outfit from grandma and some wonderful birthday loves. I didn't realize at this point that I still had chocolate on my face, but really whats different from any other time? I always have chocolate on my face!!
 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment