Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Great Day!!!

Today was a wonderful day! We had planned to go on a big bike ride this morning. There are some trails north of this town. Everyone says they are great. You have to pay $20 a year to ride on them to help them keep the trails up. We went to the store to get the key to the trail. They told us that the trails were too muddy... So sad! Ryan and I were both like, "Really? It has rained that much?" The clerk just looked at us like we were dumb, and said, "Were have you been." Ryan and I just looked at him and said, " We live in the hospital and have no clue what is going on outside of the hospital world!"
Anyways, our friends and us walked away feeling like our hopes and dreams had been dejected. Have you ever ridden on the trails? Have you have felt that craving to get the rush of flying down some hills, and maneuvering over roots and rocks? That craving is probably comparable to the craving that some have for heroine. I don't know, but I can imagine.
So today, when we were told we couldn't go to those trails it felt like everything we were living for was for not...So we turned to our other comfort...Food.
We met up with some other friends at IHOP and buried a worries in omelets and pancakes. Afterwards, our spirits were somewhat lifted. We stayed and talked with our friend Jesse Burt and decided to brave the mud.
It was so fun! We got so muddy. At one point we had to get across these HUGE puddles! We were laughing so hard that I almost feel into the puddle! Ha, it was so fun.
Then we came home and Nick and Ryan cleaned out the mud on our bikes, which took a long time! While they were doing that I made some tasty beef stew from scratch. We settled down and munched on the stew. I was pleasantly surprised with the stew. It was delicious and super healthy!
Nick and Ryan went to go play raquett ball with some friends and I was starting to feel really yucky. So I stayed and took a 2 hour nap. It was heaven. They came home and now we are just relaxing at home.
How is life so great? I am so grateful for my sweet husband helps me out so much and is so patient with my special little brother. I realized today as I was doing dishes after dinner that that was the first time I had done dishes is such a long time, because Ryan always did them without saying anything. I don't ever have to ask him. He is always trying to help me as much as he can. Seriously, life is so good, I need to remember to live in the moment!

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you with the whole craving a bike ride thing - I'm so jealous that you guys can go in the middle of February! It's so true that living in the moment helps us to enjoy life! Sounds like you guys had some serious fun! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I'm living in the moment more, too, instead of planning and anticipating too much. :)

    How are you loving Texas? And where in Texas are you guys living? We want to move there to stay for the rest of our lives!

    And yes! I've gone bike-riding on trails and it's the most liberating feeling! It's just so much fun to be outside, in nature, wind against your face, getting a great work out, etc. But doing it in the MUD?! .... cannot say I've ever done that.... haha.

    Oh, and cute bassinet and entertainment center!

    ReplyDelete