Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ry-guy- You Rock My World

I just needed to document this story about Ryan, to depict what kind of a husband he is.

Lately, Claire is on ANOTHER growth spurt! When she does that she eats like CRAZY! When she eats like crazy, my milk production increases, when my milk production increases I can literally feel the increased hormones and chemicals in my body. I tend to get more stressed, depressed and life over all is just a little tougher. It doesn't help that during her growth spurts she has to wake up every hour or so to eat because she gets THAT hungry. Hey, I am not frustrated with her though, how else does she weigh 20 pounds before she is even 5 months???

Well, now that you have the background information you can see that the last couple days I was not in the best mood, infact I was super upset. Luckily, I have come to understand that it is just a hormone imbalance from the huge milk production; that knowledge helps where I direct my bad mood (I don't get upset with Ryan any more:) but it doesn't help the fact that I am in a bad mood.

Yesterday, I was at the pinnacle of bad moods and was spiraling down into a that muddy pit of self pity and depression. Ryan suggested that we go on a run because he knows that is a quick fix to the hormonal imbalance. We live out in the country surrouned by tons of corn fields and farm houses. It is safe, but it is just too secluded for me to run by myself. The thing is, is that Ryan has been sick, so sick that he called in sick that night to work. I told him that it would be crazy for him to be running when he was sick. He said that he would ride his bicycle beside me instead. Well, it was 93 degrees with 60-70 % humidity, I told him that would be ridiculous to bike because it was way to hot to be outside. During this whole interlude, I wasn't very convincing; tears wear streaming down my face because I just had all this pent up emotions from those dang hormones! He said, "No, you are going on a run, you need it. I will drive my truck beside you the whole way." Really? Who does that? Ryan is super frugal and never wastes a dime, let alone gas like that. It was kind of a big deal for him to offer that. After some intense coaxing and prodding he got me outside and after 4 miles, I was able to run off my hormones. He drove right beside me the whole way, cranking out the country tunes and having a wonderful talk about our life and our future. Needless to say I was a much different person when we came back from that run.

I don't know what I did to deserve a man like him. He is my best friend, my rock, my partner, my sweet heart and just my EVERYTHING. He evens me out so perfectly and I am just so grateful for his continual sacrifice and love that he gives for Claire, me and our future family. I love his rock steady testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love how seriously he takes holding the priesthood and his temple covenants. I love him completely. It is amazing how he anchors me down during the turmoil that is called life and helps me soar during blissful ecstatic moments that is also called life. I just hope that our children and our children's children and our children's children's children (and so on and so forth) understand what a wonderful man he is. I love you so much, Ry-guy. You really do rock my world!

2 comments:

  1. You have a GREAT husband Jeni! That's awesome that he did that with you!

    I also love that my husband always does everything he can to make me feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mom can be really tuff at times, huh? I appreciate your honestly and open-ness about this. Sometimes hard to admit that everything isn't always roses and chocolates. It is HARD not getting the rest that you need. Being sleep deprived would make ANY body act in ways that they don't usually do.
    It's good that you can recognize the source of all of your frustration.

    I've said this so many times, but I'm so glad you married Ryan. I LOVE hearing about him and how he makes you happy. That story is a definition of true love. He's a keeper. :D

    ReplyDelete