Friday, July 1, 2011

Quick Update

Everything is going great.
Ryan is preparing for school starting in the fall and he is still working.
He actually just got two job offers in a Medical ICU and in one of the biggest and busiest Emergency Departments in the state of Ohio. He thinks the the ER job would be a great way to prepare more for becoming a nurse practitioner, but he wants to think and pray a little more before deciding for sure which job he will take.
He is such a hard worker and will try working a couple days a month while in school.
Ry-guy, you rock our world ;)

Claire is just exceptional :-)
Doesn't every parent feel that way?
Well, I definitely do!
She is starting to prefer me over anyone else, which I gotta admit makes me feel warm and fuzzy.
She loves her daddy and already thinks he is a really fun guy.
She loves her Grandma and Grandpa a ton and her aunts and uncles all make her laugh and talk a lot.
Logan, her sweet cousin, LOVES to love on her and pat her back and bounce her. We have to be careful of the bouncing and pats...hehe.
Something, Ryan and I have noticed is how precious her smile is. I call it a slow-cook smile because she does this think were she slowly smiles and it grows and grows and then...BAAMM! Sunlight shining smile, there you are! I really think it is so sweet.
She is starting to enjoy peek-a-boo, believe it or not, and I can get her chuckling hard core from that.
I have started to get comments from people at stores and church like, "Does she ever cry?" "How do you get her to be so still and good"--Let me tell you...exceptional parenting!!!! Ha! Just kidding! Those comments make me laugh because if you had met her a few weeks ago, no one would have said anything like that. And it is definitely not anything I have done to get her to act so sweet and calm, she is just figuring life out.
I also get a lot of comments on her sweet, beautiful blue eyes. She definitely got those from her daddy. I love them so much!

I (Jeni) am doing really well. I have gotten back in to running more and biking a little and exercising a lot. Those are some of my passions. I definitely feel like if I spend a little time a week doing some of those things I feel more balanced and ready to take on what ever life throws at me.
We are still living at my parents and it is wonderful because I just wait for nap time (Claire is still keeping to her schedule!!) Then if my mom or dad or sibling (usually mom, thanks mom!) is available then they listen to the monitor while she is sleeping and Ryan and I head out for a run or bike ride, or I just do an Insanity Workout DVD in (I highly recommend those). It really works out great and I feel spoiled living here with so much help.
I am just digging the whole mommy thing. It is amazing! Don't get me wrong. Life is not always peaches, but I can get through the rough times because of how great the good times are. I am learning a lot, as a person, and growing even more.

It has been so nice to live here for close a year. My parents don't let us spend any money on food or anything like that and all we have is a 40$ phone bill and gas to pay. We have been able to save enough money that we just made an offer to buy a house in cash! I cannot express how much I owe to parents. They have helped us get so far in so many different ways! Thanks mom and dad.

All in all, life is great and we are just so blessed! I am excited to see where the next few years take us!

1 comment:

  1. Jeni, I can't even tell you how REFRESHING it was to catch up with you last week. It really did wonders for my heart and soul. I love you so much and I just know that we'll be great friends forever, even if the phone calls only happen every now and then.
    I am so happy that you get to live with your family and get to have so much help. It really is a HUGE blessing. And yes, you are spoiled. ;D but hey! You're never to old to be "spoiled" by your parents.
    I've been working out more lately and I just LOVE it. I feel so much better when I do. I'm even considering taking up running. Any tips for a beginner?
    I love you and like I said before, will forever be thankful for our friendship.

    ReplyDelete