Monday, November 16, 2009

All in all it was a BLAST! It was 5-6 miles of running, 9 miles of bike riding and 5ish miles of canoeing. It was intense, there were definitely a few times when I felt like I wouldn't be able to finish. Ryan was so supportive though. I was one of the neatest experiences to do that with Ryan. He did so well! He is just one of those people who are naturally fit and physically gifted. He dfinitely could have finished much quicker but he stuck right with me. Uncle Drake was so great, too! he drove 15 hours just for this race. He brought tons of extra gear for us. He showed us how to do everything and what to expect. We are planning on doing some more adventure races with him. All I can say is at the end of the race when I just wanted to fall apart or be knocked out because I was so sore, I still wanted to get back on my bike and do some more trails! It's awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go guys!!! We don't see you guys nearly enough so I thought I would leave you a comment and tell you to stay in touch an come over once in a while gosh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni, I am SO extremely proud of you guys!! What an accomplishment!! I admire how you guys are so active. What a fun hobby that would be! After the baby comes I'm going to have you be my personal trainer and get me in shape. :)
    Are you crazy sore now? It's probably that feeling where it hurts but it hurts GOOD!! WAY TO GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome Jeni!! I'm glad you have a blog too=) Great job, adventure racing is seriously fun!!

    ReplyDelete