Thursday, November 10, 2011

Daddy Love


I thought I loved Ryan before we had Claire, and I did. The thing is, is that the love I have for him now is so much deeper and fuller and richer and just more real. There are many reasons for this that I won't go into now, but one of the main reasons is I just can't describe how much my heart melts when I see him love and play with her. It is just the most complete feeling in the world!
Way before I was pregnant with Claire, Ryan confided in me in hushed, embarrassed tones, that he actually wanted to have a baby girl first... He wasn't sure why but he just really wanted a daughter. He didn't want anyone to know that because he thought it would make him seem like a sissy. I told him that just made him even more attractive to me! I think he wanted a daughter first because both him and I could feel her precious spirit and a part of us could remember her from the pre-existence and we knew that we loved her desperately.
Well, we got what he wanted and he is not embarrassed at all about loving on his little girl!

While Ryan was studying one day I saw a deer right outside our back yard fence. I showed Ryan and he immediately grabbed Claire and ran out to show her the deer. She didn't see the deer but loved the time with Ryan!



If you look close in this picture you can see the deer. I saw it and thought, aww how cute! Ryan, on the other hand was telling Claire how they could turn our upstairs bath room into a "tree stand" so he could bow hunt from inside....I'm glad Claire didn't understand.


Ryan loves seeing Claire dressed up and deck out in pink. He just gets all soft and gooey for her.


And then he has to get all dressed up in pink to match...Oh Ryan.
What do you think? He may just be a perfect dad for a little girl :-)


I think those are two of the most beautiful people in the world! I just love those kissable faces! I am so blessed!


Clearly you can see that Ryan isn't biased and she is just too incredibly lovable!
I love what a proud Daddy Ry-guy is. He is just amazing and would do anything to see that Claire is happy and healthy. He is working so hard and school right now so that she can have a good life and have a dad who can be around and not working those awful nursing hours.
Thanks, Ryan for being amazing. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet, Jenni!! Cute pictures. I love her blue, blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete