Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we made the long, arduous trek to my parents house...the whole 30 minutes. I still can't get over the fact that we live to close to them! What a blessing!

We had a really great time! The food was great. I may or may not have made eight...yest EIGHT pies. My sisters also made pies. I think our pie count added up to around 12 pies...So YES, it was a GREAT Thanksgiving...hehe

What are we grateful for? Well, the first thing is our Savior, Jesus Christ and his sacrifice and atonement that was made for us. There are just no words to express the gratitude we have for his perfect love.

Next we are grateful for eternal families and the restored gospel that makes it possible to be together for ever!

Next we are grateful for...you guessed it! CLAIRE!! She is so perfect! We love her so much!
This is Claire and Levi. She loves her uncles! On Sunday during the sacrement she starts laughing, kicking and flapping her legs (the combination of movements that means she is incredibly happy) when she sees the deacons passing the sacrament. I think that is because she thinks the boys are her uncles. She is so silly!


Claire is definitely grateful for her silly grandpa. She has him wrapped all around her little fingers!

She really loves him and grandma, too. She knows she was born to be loved. I am grateful for my parents. They are such incredible examples to me. It makes parenting a lot easier when all I have to do is just think, "What would mom and dad do in this situation?"


I admit it. I am addicted to dressing her up! I can't.stop.! It's just too fun! My mom got her this outfit at a yard sale and I made the head band.

The picture above is soooo Claire! Ha, what a silly little girl!


This picture is even more Claire. Everyone who knows her, when they see this pictures, automatically mimics the noise that would accompany such a face.


*Purely Precious*






Oh on a side note~ Claire is sooo close to crawling! It is sad and happy at the same time. She loves to stand (holding on to things) and can scoot forward if she is sitting, but not crawling yet. She definitely says 'mama' when talking to me or wanting to eat. She loves people even more than last time I posted. She could stay at a store all day because of the attention she gets. It takes me 3 times longer to go anywhere with her because so many people stop and talk to her and she feels it is only polite to talk back. Silly girl. She is definitely a mama's girl though. She loves to talk to others only if I am the one holding her. I kind of love it :-)

Ryan is doing great! He is getting so close to finishing his first semester of school! He is so smart and doing great in all of his classes. He is an amazing dad. Claire just adores him. He is so sweet with her. Most mornings I go to the gym early and come back to Claire and Ryan all snuggled together. Melts my heart every time! He is just amazing.

We are so happy and so grateful for everything we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment