Sunday, September 4, 2011

One Word.....

Happy!

I once had a stake president (a leader of my church) who gave and incredible talk that has stuck with me for over 10 years.
He got up during stake conference and said,
"You want to know something that makes me different from a large majority of others?
....I am happy...."

He continued to explain how, because of the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, he has the knowledge to make choices that has led to his incredible happiness.

This, through out the years, has stuck to me like potatoes and gravy on my ribs ;)

I have been acquainted with many people who are searching for happiness.
Many people who think that by putting themselves first and worrying only about what they want and need will find happiness, and yet they have not quite caught that elusive state of happiness.
I have known people who think that earthly possessions like money, cars, houses and so on are what will bring happiness
I have been there. I have thought that was the answer. I now know that truly there is no better happiness than when you are serving others and living the principles of the gospel.

I am so happy. It is wonderful and freeing to be happy.
Happiness has no boundaries, no earthly value.
By some comparisons, I am poor, I don't have a lot of material goods.
By other comparisons I have too much.
I guess that's why it's a good idea not to compare ;-)

I know that I have the gospel
I know my Heavenly Father on a personal level
I have a Savior who lived and died for me, who I love completely
I have the most incredible husband who I love so tenderly and he loves me
I have a wonderful, vivacious daughter who is full of love and life
I have incredible parents who have done so much and sacrificed more than I deserve
I have incredibly unique siblings who have taught me so much
I have the knowledge that even if one of these amazing family members were to leave their earthly existence that I would still see them again and be with them forever

The sum total of all those things mean one thing:
I am
HAPPY!!!

Life is good! Life has ups and downs, ins and outs.
It's hard and easy
Rough and smooth
But in the end it is so beyond good

I just wanted to document the reason for my happiness :) If anyone has more questions about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I would love to talk and share my happiness with you!

1 comment:

  1. I love ya Jeni, reading this even makes me happy not counting all the tons of blessings I have. This is an amazing post! Happiness is the key to sucess! So I think if you have happiness you have the world and can be so successful in life!

    ReplyDelete