Wednesday, September 14, 2011

We Bought A House!!!!

Sept 14, 2011 is a big day for us!

We did a couple firsts (good and bad):

We bought a house!

We got into debt for the first time of both of our lives
(thank you house, not a good feeling at all :( )


Ryan got his first scholarship for his graduate degree...THAT he didn't even apply for!!!
GO RYAN!

One thing we did that was NOT a first is:

I am moving out of my parents house for the THIRD time in my life!
I just have to give a shout out for my parents. They don't have tens of thousands of dollars laying around to just give us, but through by them letting us live with them for 18 months (5 months after we got our ASN and now its been 13 months of living here) we have been able to save up a substantial amount of money that will help us get through graduate school and buying a house. They are just two of the most incredible people I have ever met!

I have mix emotions right now...

Happy to have my own place with more than enough room for us to grow
Sad to not be literally 1 minute away from my mom :-(
Excited to see some solidarity in my life and not feel like I am in constant transit
Sad to not that Claire and I won't be able to say good bye to her grandpa everyday before work
Silly for feeling sad about moving out at the age of 24
Grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed us with this home
Nervous about being a mom all on my own
Overwhelmed at the thought of actually having to prepare menus and cook meals
Spoiled for all the blessings I have had in my life
Calm and confident in our decision and in Heavenly Father's presence in our lives
Suprised that I am not scared about such a big decision
COMPLETELY, UTTERLY, SATURATED WITH HAPPINESS

2 comments:

  1. That is such Awesome news Jeni! You guys are doing great! I can't wait to see pictures of your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Congrats thats way exciting!!! Im happy for the 3 of you!! Now you just need to post pictures of you new house!!! Way to go Ryan thats way cool he got a scholership!! You guys are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete